Inclusiv is a certified CDFI Intermediary representing nearly 500 community development credit unions (CDCUs) founded in 1974. Inclusiv’s member CDCUs provide credit, savings, transaction services and financial education to more than 19 million residents of low-income urban, rural and reservation-based communities across the United States and hold over $295 billion in community-controlled assets. Inclusiv offers a wide range of advocacy, educational training, investment, marketing, and outreach programs to support and assist CDCUs.
The Loan Participation Program is building a marketplace where community credit unions will be able to sell and purchase loans tailored to the communities they serve, to standardize best practices in small business lending, mortgage, and residential solar lending, manage portfolio risks and increasing access to affordable and sustainable loans for all people.
Inclusiv is seeking a dynamic, mission-driven, and experienced lending professional to drive the growth of its loan participation program and support the capacity of Inclusiv members to build and grow their small business and clean energy lending operations. The ideal candidate will have consumer lending experience and a background in small business lending or technical assistance to small businesses.
The Loan Participation Officer will be responsible for reviewing loan underwriting and ensuring loan participation activities meet established guidelines, crafting syndication deals, and supporting participation closings. This is a great opportunity for an experienced lending professional interested in developing experience with values-aligned investing, mortgages, small business and equitable green finance, and impact analysis. This position will be based in New York and report to Inclusiv’s Vice President of Loan Participation Marketplace.
Expand Clean Energy, Small Business and Mortgage Loan Participations Throughout the Inclusiv Network
- Provide detailed explanations of clean energy, mortgages, and small business lending products and processes to Inclusiv member credit unions.
- Review loan underwriting and ensure participation loans meet all credit union and regulatory requirements.
- Administer and manage a comprehensive onboarding package for potential participation buyers and sellers.
- Advise credit union members on participation software requirements.
- Coordinate syndicated transaction closings among multiple credit unions.
Manage Loan Participation Program Outreach and Communications
- Maintain correspondence with Inclusiv member credit unions to establish new participation relationships.
- Identify and onboard Inclusiv member credit unions as sellers and buyers.
- Maintain existing participation relationships with Inclusiv member credit unions.
- Communicate new loan participation sale and purchase opportunities to Inclusiv member credit unions.
- Provide relevant program updates (e.g. new participation opportunities, status of purchased loans) to participating credit unions.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
The candidate must have excellent quantitative and analytical skills with a strong understanding of consumer lending, operate comfortably with a mindset of customer service and sales, have strong project management and organizational skills, and have the ability to effectively manage multiple workstreams and competing deadlines. Specific expectations include:
- 5+ years experience with loan underwriting, preferably with a depository institution
- Experience in consumer and/or mortgage lending.
- Ability to provide professional guidance on loan structure, terms, legal documentation (loan agreements, guarantee agreements, UCC filings for perfected security interests, loan participation agreements, software user licenses), etc.
- Solar lending experience and/or small business loan underwriting/technical assistance experience is a plus.
- Ability to effectively analyze and interpret loan data from participating lenders and provide relevant reports to internal and external stakeholders.
- Knowledge of the credit union industry, in particular, CDFI credit unions.
- Commitment to Inclusiv’s mission to help low- and moderate-income people and communities achieve financial independence.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team within a mission-driven work environment.
- Undergraduate degree in business-related area required.
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency in Excel.
- Excellent verbal/written communication and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and comfort working with people possessing a diverse range of skills and experience in lending and financial institutions.
- High level of integrity, personal organization, and flexibility.
- Ability to prioritize and organize task completion in alignment with strategic goals.
- Ability to think strategically and critically, to analyze and synthesize complex finance issues and information, and to develop recommendations for change.
- Bilingual English/Spanish is a plus.
How to apply
Please submit cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. The salary range for this position is $80,000-$90,000 annually plus benefits. Resumes will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Inclusiv is an equal opportunity employer that works with member credit unions which serve ethnically, economically, and geographically diverse markets and communities. We value our diverse staff and membership and seek to maintain that tradition of diversity in all of our recruitment efforts. It is the policy of Inclusiv to provide equal opportunity in all aspects of employment to all employees or applicants for employment without discrimination on the basis of regard to sex, race, color, religion, age, ancestry, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status and any additional categories protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.