Inclusiv is seeking an enthusiastic, mission-oriented Data Analyst to join our team and support Inclusiv’s work to leverage data to measure and report on the impact of community development credit unions (CDCUs) in their communities. The Data Analyst will report to the CDFI Director and work closely with Inclusiv’s Senior Research Consultant to manage the CDFI data reporting services that Inclusiv provides to its member credit unions. On an annual basis, Inclusiv provides CDFI data reporting services to over 150 CDCUs representing over 1 million loans in low-income communities across the US and growing. The ideal candidate will be highly organized project manager, have experience managing large data sets, and be committed to Inclusiv’s mission to advance financial inclusion in low-income communities.
At Inclusiv, we believe that true financial inclusion is a fundamental right. Our mission is to help low- and moderate-income people and communities achieve financial independence through credit unions. We dedicate ourselves to closing the gaps and removing barriers to financial opportunities for people living in distressed and underserved communities. Inclusiv is a certified CDFI intermediary that drives investment, makes connections, builds capacity, and advocates for our network members and the communities they serve.
Key Responsibilities for this position include:
In consultation with CDFI Program Director or designated supervisor:
- Collect, clean and organize updates of key public data sets for data reference tables, including data from the Census Bureau American Community Survey, NCUA call reports, peer financial ratios, CDFI certifications and awards and others.
- Assist credit unions with the secure upload of confidential data for analysis and reporting to the CDFI Fund.
- Assist with the completion and submission of data reports through federal government portals.
- Use statistical tools to assist in analysis of aggregated data including development of peer metrics and research related to community development impact and financial performance of credit union cohorts.
- Coordinate with Membership Team to ensure selected fields of public data are updated in Salesforce on a timely basis.
- Analyze and track key indicators of member-level and community impact of credit union products and services.
- Create and maintain a library of model documents, templates or other reusable knowledge assets.
- Create appropriate documentation, including templates and guides, that allow stakeholders to understand the steps of the data analysis process and duplicate or replicate the analysis if necessary.
- Use statistical tools to interpret data sets, with particular attention to trends and patterns related to the impact of credit unions on financial inclusion.
- Other duties as needed
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
- Knowledge of and expertise using statistical packages for analyzing data sets, such as MS Excel, SAS, SQL, or R.
- Experience with relational databases
- Strong knowledge of data management, including data collection and cleaning.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Project Management skills and exposure to project-based work structures.
- Excellent research and communication skills.
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Azure and Power BI and/or working knowledge of Python a plus
- Have authorization to work in the U.S.
This position is based at our headquarters in New York City but there is some flexibility to consider remote candidates.
To Apply: Please send cover letter and resume to HR-DA@inclusiv.org. Resumes will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Inclusiv is an equal opportunity employer that works with member credit unions which serve ethnically, economically, and geographically diverse markets and communities. We value our diverse staff and membership and seek to maintain that tradition of diversity in all of our recruitment efforts. It is the policy of Inclusiv to provide equal opportunity in all aspects of employment to all employees or applicants for employment without discrimination on the basis of regard to sex, race, color, religion, age, ancestry, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status and any additional categories protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.