Inclusiv is the CDFI intermediary and national association for community development credit unions. Inclusiv provides capital, makes connections, builds capacity, develops innovative products and services and advocates on behalf of credit unions that serve residents of low-income urban, rural, and reservation-based communities across the US.
Inclusiv is seeking a talented, organized, and motivated Membership Officer to join our programmatic and network building initiatives. The Membership Officer will provide business development support to the Director of Membership Growth and Partnerships to recruit new members (Policy, Associate, etc.), establish new partnerships and ensure the proper onboarding of credit unions and partners joining the Inclusiv Network.
The Membership Officer will track membership recruitment efforts, improve existing follow up protocols and track member engagement activities through SalesForce.
- Support Membership Director in engaging with members via email, phone calls, and in-person meetings
- Provide responses to member inquiries in a timely and comprehensive manner
- Support Membership Director in pursuing new member leads and establishing relationships with credit unions and partners outside of the Inclusiv network with the goal of expanding market share of the network
- Work with Membership team to enhance tools and materials provided to members related to participation in Inclusiv programs, application for resources, annual reporting, etc.
Research & Data
- Develop, analyze, track, update, and measure credit union member data to identify the impact of the services by utilizing knowledge from trending and analytics (age demographic, life stages, relationship matrix with CU, member matrix and analytics for loan and deposits, transaction analytics and more).
- Collect/extract, clean and refine necessary credit union client’s internal confidential account data, collect necessary Business Intelligence data from available Industry reports, public information, field reports or purchased reports and perform the necessary data cleaning, coding, refining and make it analysis ready to execute required data analysis.
- Identify and analyze Financial Industry trends, geographic trends, and demographic trends to help enhance internal product developments or to improve impact of existing programs/products.
- Analyze competitive market strategies to assist in member growth and retention, improve internal processes, branch operations, increase revenue, etc.
- Develop systems to assist credit unions with the analysis of member relationship, utilizing credit union data to analyze trends and behaviors at a product, branch, and institution level. Generate standard or custom reports summarizing business, financial, or economic data for review by executives, managers, clients, and other stakeholders.
- Schedule periodic internal data reports that effectively communicate data trends and patterns.
- Manage timely flow of Business Intelligence information and data reports to users and staff members of different departments/programs by updating and using CRM platform Salesforce’s updated info.
- Design reports based on organization-wide and unit-specific needs in reporting to members, partners, funders, and the Board of Directors. Reports should ultimately be available in SalesForce.
- Use Data tools to assist with Business Development and Prospective Member management, including assisting with follow-ups of members, prospects, and partners, and in tracking progress of Business Development efforts.
- Maintain guide for internal reference regarding Data analytics and reporting processes.
- Serve as primary system administrator for the Salesforce environment with 22+ users. Manage and communicate system changes without interruption to the user.
- Handle all basic administrative functions including user account maintenance, reports and dashboards, workflows, and other routine maintenance tasks.
- Complete regular internal system audits and prepare for upgrades, data uploads and new fields and objects. Proactively seek out and identify needed system changes.
- Coordinate the evaluation, scope, and completion of new development requests. Modify the system to increase benefits and usability.
- Assist in training of new users and grow the Salesforce.com skill set across the organization. Provide support functions as needed.
- Work independently with members of the user community to define and document development requirements.
Essential Experience, Skills and Attributes
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
- Intermediate to advanced level of proficiency using Business Intelligence Software. Experience with a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software including Salesforce CRM preferred.
- Demonstrated presentation and analytical skills.
- Strong knowledge of data management, including data collection, warehousing, segmentation, mining, storing, cleansing and security.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Project Management skills and exposure to project-based work structures.
- Technical expertise in use of data modeling, database design development, data – mining and segmentation techniques.
- Knowledge of and experience using statistical packages for analyzing data sets, including MS Excel, SAS, SQL, R, Python.
- Proficient in MS Excel and experience with relational databases
- Excellent research and communication skills both verbal and written
- Authorized to work in the US
This is a full-time job (40hours per week) and will require some travel (10%) within the US and Puerto Rico.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to HR-MbrshpOff@inclusiv.org. Resumes will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. This position is based in New York City but will consider remote work for the ideal candidate.
At Inclusiv, we believe that true financial inclusion is a fundamental right. Our mission is to help low- and moderate-income people and communities achieve financial independence through credit unions. We dedicate ourselves to closing the gaps and removing barriers to financial opportunities for people living in distressed and underserved communities. Inclusiv is a certified CDFI intermediary that transforms local progress into lasting national change. We provide capital, make connections, build capacity, develop innovative products and services and advocate for our member community development credit unions (CDCUs). Founded in 1974, Inclusiv is headquartered in New York, NY, with offices in Madison, WI and Albuquerque NM.
Inclusiv is an equal opportunity employer that works with member credit unions that serve ethnically, economically, and geographically diverse markets and communities. We value our diverse staff and membership and seek to maintain that tradition of diversity in all of our recruitment efforts. It is the policy of Inclusiv to provide equal opportunity in all aspects of employment to all employees or applicants for employment without discrimination on the basis of regard to sex, race, color, religion, age, ancestry, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status and any additional categories protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.