Program Associate, PR Network
Inclusiv is the CDFI intermediary and national association for community development credit unions. Inclusiv provides capital, makes connections, builds capacity, develops innovative products and services and advocates on behalf of credit unions that serve residents of low-income urban, rural, and reservation-based communities across the US.
Inclusiv is seeking a talented, organized, and motivated Program Associate to join our programmatic and network building initiatives in the island of Puerto Rico. This is a great opportunity for a passionate person, who is English-Spanish bilingual, with exceptional project management skills seeking to help us build a more equitable financial system that empowers all consumers and builds strong healthy communities. The Programs Associate should be prepared to work in a fast-paced team environment and ready to engage with a wide range of projects and stakeholders.
The Program Associate will support the Director, PR Network, on key initiatives providing administrative support to programs that expand financial inclusion in underserved communities with and through Inclusiv’s growing community development credit union network in Puerto Rico and the U.S. mainland. The ideal Programs Associate is a good writer, attentive to detail, energetic, comfortable in a collaborative environment, deadline driven, web savvy and comfortable speaking in public settings.
- Build and maintain relationships with participating cooperativas, credit unions, and partners, identifying opportunities for new partnerships and programming that add value to the cooperativa network.
- Develop and disseminate high-quality content for communications to and about the network activities in Puerto Rico
- Develop educational material and curriculum for cooperativa staff and leadership
- Develop data collection procedures and strategies to gather, analyze and use information about the cooperative system
- Maintain network websites, ensuring content is up to date and tailored to the appropriate audience
- Represent Inclusiv in a range of contexts, such as speaking at conferences on Inclusiv Initiatives or presenting on CDCUs to the local community and cooperative institutions
- Carry out administrative and support tasks associated with projects such as coordinating meetings and travel
- Assist in fundraising activities including grant writing and grant reports
- Support Hispanic outreach initiatives and partnerships between credit unions and cooperative organizations in the mainland and Puerto Rico.
Other duties as needed and as projects evolve
- Travel required (5-10%)
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions required of this position.
Essential Experience, Skills and Attributes
- Commitment to the mission to help low- and moderate-income people and communities achieve financial independence
- Spanish language fluency required
- 3-4 years relevant work experience in network engagement, consumer finance, community development, or policy advocacy
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Dynamic, self-starter with high attention to detail, confident and poised
- Highly consultative, able, and eager to engage multiple stakeholders with divergent points of view and define a path forward.
- Highly organized with demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects at once and be adept at prioritizing tasks
- Demonstrated ability to establish and build relationships with a diverse array of people and organizations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill in Spanish and English, with a comfort in both public speaking and writing high-quality content
- Dedication to always producing the highest quality work and motivated to constantly seek new and better ways to reach goals
- General knowledge of the Puerto Rico cooperative ecosystem
- Experience with excel and other data management platforms
- Authorized to work in the US
Job Requirements: Full Time Employee/40 hours per week. 10% travel. Based in Puerto Rico.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to HR-PRNetwork@inclusiv.org. Resumes will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
At Inclusiv, we believe that true financial inclusion is a fundamental right. Our mission is to help low- and moderate-income people and communities achieve financial independence through credit unions. We dedicate ourselves to closing the gaps and removing barriers to financial opportunities for people living in distressed and underserved communities. Inclusiv is a certified CDFI intermediary that transforms local progress into lasting national change. We provide capital, make connections, build capacity, develop innovative products and services and advocate for our member community development credit unions (CDCUs). Founded in 1974, Inclusiv is headquartered in New York, NY, with offices in Madison, WI and Albuquerque NM.
Inclusiv is an equal opportunity employer that works with member credit unions that serve ethnically, economically, and geographically diverse markets and communities. We value our diverse staff and membership and seek to maintain that tradition of diversity in all of our recruitment efforts. It is the policy of Inclusiv to provide equal opportunity in all aspects of employment to all employees or applicants for employment without discrimination on the basis of regard to sex, race, color, religion, age, ancestry, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status and any additional categories protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.