Program Associate, Center for Resiliency and Clean Energy
Inclusiv is the CDFI intermediary and national association for community development credit unions. Inclusiv provides capital, makes connections, builds capacity, develops innovative products and services and advocates on behalf of credit unions that serve residents of low-urban, rural and reservation-based communities across the US.
Inclusiv’s Center for Resiliency and Clean Energy is building a network of community-based lenders (credit unions, loan funds, community banks) committed to jointly designing and scaling solutions to climate change, with a goal of promoting affordable and sustainable energy for all people. Inclusiv is seeking an enthusiastic, mission-oriented Program Associate to join its Center for Resiliency and Clean Energy based in its New York City office.
Scope of Role
The Program Associate for the Center for Resiliency and Clean Energy will be responsible for supporting the Senior Program Officer and Director on day-to-day programming efforts; conducting research and analysis on green energy financing trends; building and managing a database of community financial institutions launching clean energy lending programs; and supporting the development of Center materials and related communications. The Program Associate will report to the Director of the Center for Resiliency and Clean Energy and will work closely with the Senior Program Officer.
This is a great opportunity for someone with experience or interest in clean energy and in community development finance and a passion for creating a more just and equitable financial and clean energy system.
- Perform research and assist with the collection, analysis and presentation of data to support Center programming:
- Track, monitor and report on market trends in clean energy financing
- Collect and input data from program participants
- Build knowledge and expertise on the role community-based financial institutions (credit unions, loan funds, community banks) play within the financial services industry
- Support the development of presentations, articles, publications and other related communications:
- Schedule, coordinate and design content for meetings and virtual events
- Draft reports, presentations, articles, website and newsletter copy that highlight the Center’s work, key issues in community-based green lending, and spotlight the work of our program participants
- The Center for Resiliency and Clean Energy is growing rapidly. This position will allow for ongoing learning, growth, and career development. The Program Associate role will evolve as the Center grows to support additional projects and workstreams as the need arises.
- Commitment to Inclusiv’s mission to help low- and moderate-income people and communities achieve financial independence.
- Preference for candidates who have a commitment to, and, ideally, experience working with communities of color.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 1-year relevant professional experience and/or internship experience in clean energy, energy efficiency, and/or energy transition.
- Experience and/or comfort working in a nonprofit organization.
- Excellent organizational, communication and writing skills, including spelling, grammar, punctuation, composition, editing and proofing.
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively in a team environment.
- Comfortable shifting work priorities in response to changing market opportunities.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Adept at working with online video communications applications such as Zoom, GoToWebinar, and Microsoft Teams. Experience with customer relationship management software (such as Salesforce.com) is a plus, but not required.
To Apply: Please submit cover letter and resumes to email@example.com. Resumes will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Inclusiv is an equal opportunity employer that works with member credit unions which serve ethnically, economically, and geographically diverse markets and communities. We value our diverse staff and membership and seek to maintain that tradition of diversity in all our recruitment efforts. It is the policy of Inclusiv to provide equal opportunity in all aspects of employment to all employees or applicants for employment without discrimination on the basis of regard to sex, race, color, religion, age, ancestry, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status and any additional categories protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Founded in 1974, Inclusiv is headquartered in New York, NY.