Senior Communications Officer
Inclusiv is the CDFI intermediary and national association for community development credit unions. Inclusiv provides capital, makes connections, builds capacity, develops innovative products and services and advocates on behalf of credit unions that serve residents of low-income urban, rural, and reservation-based communities across the US. Inclusiv is hiring for a Senior Communications Officer.
The Senior Communications Officer will be a dynamic professional that will execute our national marketing and communications strategy, and engage and cultivate stakeholders among the media, a diverse practitioner field, and social impact investors. The Senior Officer will be an excellent writer, effective at communicating clearly with diverse audiences and stakeholders across multiple channels. S/he will have the ability to coordinate multiple projects and priorities and bring assignments to successful, timely completion. The Senior Officer will be effective at synthesizing and drafting information and materials gathered from multiple sources.
The Senior Officer must be able to develop and manage against project timelines as well as respond to changing priorities. S/he will be able to develop strong relationships and work collaboratively with Inclusiv staff across the organization and with members and contacts at external partners from funders to vendors.
The Senior Communications Officer will report to the SVP of Policy and Communications, a new position for Inclusiv.
- Develop and execute a strategy for Inclusiv communications plans and campaigns including social media that advances the organization’s broader strategic objectives
- Create content for communications and marketing campaigns, including marketing collateral, emails, newsletters, press releases, talking points, PPT presentations and announcements about Inclusiv and its member community development credit unions
- Work with appropriate team member on editing, finalizing and producing briefs, summaries, case studies and reports
- Supervise Communications Officer, junior staff and\or interns
- Implement compelling campaigns for multiple audiences, including Inclusiv members, potential members, industry supporters and allies, government officials, investors and funders
- Engage members for interviews to develop impact stories, and document and share best practices
- Manage and perform a variety of graphic design tasks both in-house and external as appropriate
- Develop and build relationships with press (both credit union trades and mainstream publications) to develop stories, follow-up on press releases and announcements and ensure coverage of how community development credit unions are helping low-income Americans achieve financial independence
- Establish and track the Inclusiv’s communications and marketing metrics and analysis to inform improvements and decisions for digital and offline strategies
- Oversee contact management strategy throughout the organization (coordination between Constant Contact, SF and other CRM or databases)
- Support Inclusiv’s Annual Conference and other virtual and in-person events
Essential Experience, Skills and Attributes
The successful candidate is passionate and well-versed in social and economic justice issues. S/he is highly motivated, energetic, and enjoys working in a fast-paced environment. Must be a self-starter and have excellent written and verbal communication skills. S/he must possess strong organizational skills with attention to detail. A team player, the ideal candidate will be comfortable in working across multiple areas of expertise, backgrounds and skills to develop, hone and refine messaging for the organization and the credit union movement. A bilingual Spanish/English speaker is desired, but not required.
- Commitment to Inclusiv’s mission to help low- and moderate-income people and communities achieve financial independence
- Must have superb writing skills and the ability to edit the writing of others
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office products, databases, website CMS, email platforms, and image editing
- Experience with WordPress is required
- Must have experience designing materials using Adobe Creative Cloud applications, including experience with Photoshop and InDesign
- Experience managing and growing social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn, is required; experience with Facebook advertising is preferred
- Experience in developing multi-channel, external-facing communications is required; experience in both B2B and B2AC communications is desired
- Must be comfortable working in a matrixed environment, working with cross-functional teams
- Bachelor’s degree is required; a minimum of five to seven years of communications experience is needed, including a minimum of three years in the nonprofit field
- Authorized to work in the US
To Apply: Please send resume, cover letter, three (3) writing samples (must include at least one consumer-facing communication) to email@example.com. Resumes will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. This position is based in New York City but will consider remote work for the ideal candidate.
At Inclusiv, we believe that true financial inclusion is a fundamental right. Our mission is to help low- and moderate-income people and communities achieve financial independence through credit unions. We dedicate ourselves to closing the gaps and removing barriers to financial opportunities for people living in distressed and underserved communities. Inclusiv is a certified CDFI intermediary that transforms local progress into lasting national change. We provide capital, make connections, build capacity, develop innovative products and services and advocate for our member community development credit unions (CDCUs). Founded in 1974, Inclusiv is headquartered in New York, NY, with offices in Madison, WI and Albuquerque, NM.
Inclusiv is an equal opportunity employer that works with member credit unions that serve ethnically, economically, and geographically diverse markets and communities. We value our diverse staff and membership and seek to maintain that tradition of diversity in all of our recruitment efforts. It is the policy of Inclusiv to provide equal opportunity in all aspects of employment to all employees or applicants for employment without discrimination on the basis of regard to sex, race, color, religion, age, ancestry, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status and any additional categories protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.