Senior Vice President
Inclusiv Capital and Investment
Inclusiv is the CDFI intermediary and national association for community development credit unions. Inclusiv provides capital, makes connections, builds capacity, develops innovative products and services and advocates on behalf of credit unions that serve residents of low-income urban, rural, and reservation-based communities across the US. Inclusiv is hiring for a Senior Vice President of Inclusiv Capital and Investment. .
The SVP of Inclusiv Capital and Investment will be responsible for building the investment and financing activity for Inclusiv through direct investment in community development credit unions and other mission driven community lenders and by building and growing secondary and participation markets to expand lending and investment in communities that need it most.
Primary responsibilities will be to manage and grow the CDFI arm of Inclusiv; scaling financial products; ensuring solid financial performance of the portfolio; finding new market needs and opportunities; building relationships with investors; supplying industry data and information to support the case and managing a team of highly skilled lenders.
Build a robust lending and investment business
- Oversee, support, and grow the Inclusiv Capital and Investments Team (Capital and Mortgage) developing and building capacity for the organization’s capital and mortgage center team.
- Strategic thought leadership in the development and design of the Inclusiv lending and investment product lines to generate greater impact and scale.
- Research needs and opportunities for new financial products (e.g., small business and cooperative secondary market, loan participations, green lending)
- Identify investment opportunities and capital to support new activities
- Manage and grow Inclusiv portfolio.
- Engage with regulators, industry leaders and others to educate on existing product lines and develop referral channels and partners to increase awareness and visibility of product offerings
- Design sustainable growth plans appropriate to each product line with respective team members
- Ensure the content of program loan agreements is properly maintained and enhanced, engaging with legal counsel as needed.
- Oversee the ongoing development of impact tracking metrics and processes
- Market and promote new tools throughout credit union and community development fields
- Build relationships with key partners for Inclusiv, supporting presentations and reporting to investors.
- Manage and grow impact investors
- Educate impact investors on the opportunities and need on the ground for capital
- Work with corporate treasurers, philanthropy, banks, insurance companies and others to calibrate the availability of capital with demand from credit unions and other community-based lenders
- Explore catalytic tools to guarantee or enhance loans
Manage dynamic growing team
- Build and grow dynamic and diverse lending and investment team
- Identify new positions essential for managing and operating a growing business
- Recruit, hire and train new staff members to increase capacity and capability of team
Essential Experience, Skills and Attributes
Candidates must be strategic, possess deep financial analytic skills, and bring strong leadership and management skills. Successful candidates will bring:
- Commitment to Inclusiv’s mission to help low- and moderate-income people and communities achieve financial independence
- 10+ years’ experience in financial leadership role within credit unions, banking and/or CDFI environment
- At least 5+ years lending experience
- Able to think strategically and critically, to analyze and synthesize complex finance issues and information, and to develop recommendations for change.
- Excellent professional written (being able to communicate analysis, familiarity, recommendations, and oral communication skills; able to succinctly and persuasively convey written analyses and recommendations; able to communicate adeptly with various audiences including investors, funders, board members/committee, and other key stakeholders.
- Strong organizational and personnel management skills, with a successful track record of building and managing high-functioning teams; able to work well with a diverse staff;
- Background in the mortgage industry helpful;
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or business administration required; MBA strongly preferred.
- Authorized to work in the US
To Apply: Please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. This position is based in New York City but will consider remote work for the ideal candidate.
At Inclusiv, we believe that true financial inclusion is a fundamental right. Our mission is to help low- and moderate-income people and communities achieve financial independence through credit unions. We dedicate ourselves to closing the gaps and removing barriers to financial opportunities for people living in distressed and underserved communities. Inclusiv is a certified CDFI intermediary that transforms local progress into lasting national change. We provide capital, make connections, build capacity, develop innovative products and services and advocate for our member community development credit unions (CDCUs). Founded in 1974, Inclusiv is headquartered in New York, NY, with offices in Madison, WI and Albuquerque NM.
Inclusiv is an equal opportunity employer that works with member credit unions that serve ethnically, economically, and geographically diverse markets and communities. We value our diverse staff and membership and seek to maintain that tradition of diversity in all of our recruitment efforts. It is the policy of Inclusiv to provide equal opportunity in all aspects of employment to all employees or applicants for employment without discrimination on the basis of regard to sex, race, color, religion, age, ancestry, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status and any additional categories protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.