Senior Vice President
Policy and Communications
Inclusiv is the CDFI intermediary and national association for community development credit unions. Inclusiv provides capital, makes connections, builds capacity, develops innovative products and services and advocates on behalf of credit unions that serve residents of low-income urban, rural, and reservation-based communities across the US. Inclusiv is hiring for a Senior Vice President of Policy and Communications.
The SVP of Policy and Communications will lead Inclusiv’s national policy, advocacy, and communications strategy. The Senior Vice President will design and execute the organization’s policy strategy overseeing a range of policy, advocacy and evaluation activities that advance the Inclusiv mission and the impact of its Network. On the communication front, the SVP will forge a communications strategy to advance the organization and movement, expanding awareness, reach and visibility of Inclusiv and its Network.
This position will report directly to the President\CEO and participate on the organization’s senior management team.
The Senior Vice President of Policy and Communications will be charged with building and expanding the Inclusiv policy agenda, driving mission-based messaging, organizing and building consensus and support among Inclusiv members and partners.
Design and Implement Policy Initiatives
- Develop the Inclusiv Policy Agenda and Platform with senior leadership.
- Research policy and proposed policy that impact the ability of community development credit unions to advance financial inclusion, racial equity and climate action in low-income communities
- Build relationships with policymakers and key stakeholders and supporters in the community development field, with advocates and industry leaders
- Design strategies to educate and inform policymakers, think tanks, advocates and strategic partners on advancing legislation and regulation to promote greater impact in communities served.
- Convene and grow the Inclusiv Government Affairs Committee to tackle, analyze and guide our policy platform and position statements
- Draft policy position briefs, papers and statements and lead an ongoing process to fine-tune and update policy positions.
- Identify and participate in key policy forums and events to expand the visibility and influence Inclusiv policy positions.
- Analyze and evaluate achievable and realistic policy and regulatory outcomes for Inclusiv and its members.
- Track and support major regulatory changes that may impact the ability of community development credit unions to serve their members and communities.
Communications Strategy and Implementation
Supervise the Inclusiv Communications team to carry out the following goals and strategies:
- Create consistent and compelling messaging strategy for the organization
- Craft and execute Inclusiv communications plan identifying strategies and activities to advance awareness of the organization, programs and network.
- Coordinate and engage with credit union members to understand the role within the community and design broad-based messages and marketing strategies to enhance public awareness of their work.
- Oversee the development and execution of media, social media and communications strategies.
- Build relationships and maintain contacts with area and industry media, prepare press releases and PSAs.
- Develop stories to increase awareness of the impact of Inclusiv and its members to better inform external audiences about the work
- Support Inclusiv departments and teams in communications of impact data and messaging to build greater understanding and appreciation for the work of community development financial institutions and minority depositories.
- Oversee regular organizational and department-specific communications including announcements, e-newsletters, email blasts, briefings, convenings and campaigns that celebrate the work of the movement.
- Maintain and update the Inclusiv website
Essential Experience, Skills and Attributes
The successful candidate is highly motivated, energetic, passionate, and enjoys working in a fast-paced environment with excellent organizational skills and attention to detail. A team player, the ideal candidate will be comfortable working across multiple departments, amongst Board, senior leadership, staff and members to help shape the organizational policy agenda, develop effective messaging and implement an advocacy and communications strategy.
The ideal candidate will be a leader with:
- Commitment to Inclusiv’s mission to help low- and moderate-income people and communities achieve financial independence
- Passion and focus on financial inclusion, social justice and equity
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Deep understanding of the movement, member needs and opportunities to model the work in local communities for lasting national transformation and change.
- Structures complex problems and solutions in communities into a digestible manner for stakeholders, members and external audiences
- Brings subject matter expertise and relationships to the work and the organization
- Skills in communicating key messages visually as well as verbally
- Clear, direct and collaborative approach to team building and management.
- Authorized to work in the US
- Background and experience in government and\or public policy positions with success in influencing change at a federal, state or local level.
- Experience working in coalitions, alliances or partnerships fighting for social justice, financial inclusion, community development and\or equity.
- Experience developing and delivering testimony, research\policy briefs, articles and press releases.
- Experience developing communications on impact for funder and investor audiences
- A minimum of eight-to ten years’ experience in policy, advocacy and communications and\or experience in complementary fields such as journalism or public relations.
- Experience managing a professional team and department successfully delegating and coaching team members for maximum effectiveness.
To Apply: Please send cover letter, resume, salary requirements to email@example.com. Resumes will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. This position is based in New York but will consider remote work for the ideal candidate.
At Inclusiv, we believe that true financial inclusion is a fundamental right. Our mission is to help low- and moderate-income people and communities achieve financial independence through credit unions. We dedicate ourselves to closing the gaps and removing barriers to financial opportunities for people living in distressed and underserved communities. Inclusiv is a certified CDFI intermediary that transforms local progress into lasting national change. We provide capital, make connections, build capacity, develop innovative products and services and advocate for our member community development credit unions (CDCUs). Founded in 1974, Inclusiv is headquartered in New York, NY, with offices in Madison, WI and Albuquerque, NM.
Inclusiv is an equal opportunity employer that works with member credit unions that serve ethnically, economically, and geographically diverse markets and communities. We value our diverse staff and membership and seek to maintain that tradition of diversity in all of our recruitment efforts. It is the policy of Inclusiv to provide equal opportunity in all aspects of employment to all employees or applicants for employment without discrimination on the basis of regard to sex, race, color, religion, age, ancestry, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status and any additional categories protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.