Call for Nominations: Inclusiv 2023 Board Elections
Deadline for Nominations is Wednesday, March 15
Inclusiv is seeking passionate, committed and thoughtful candidates for its Board of Directors. As members in good standing of Inclusiv, we urge you to consider nominating yourself or another qualified candidate for these leadership positions. This is a truly unique opportunity to join the industry's leading voice for Low-Income designated, CDFI certified and MDI designated credit unions.
This is a historic moment for community development credit unions. As a result, Inclusiv is experiencing a time of unprecedented growth, with over 460 member credit unions. This is the largest membership in the history of our organization! Much of this growth has been fueled the increasing number of credit unions committed to financial inclusion and racial equity. We are particularly proud of the strong interest generated in Puerto Rico, where we currently have 85 members and counting.
This is an exciting time to be part of Inclusiv!
We open our Board Nominations process TODAY with a deadline of Wednesday, March 15. Board elections will start on Wednesday, March 29th and close on Tuesday, May 2nd. Election results will be announced at Inclusiv Conference 2023 on May 3rd during the Annual Business Meeting. All candidates seeking election are expected to be present at Inclusiv Conference 2023 in Memphis, TN.
Board Regional Structure: There are five (5) Board seats up for Election in 2023. Regions 2, 3, 4, 5 and At-Large each have one Board of Director seat up for election.
- Region 1 (North East): Directors may be nominated from the following states: Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, and Washington D.C.
- Region 2 (South East): Directors may be nominated from the following states: Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, and West Virginia. One Board seat up for election.
- Region 3 (Mid-West): Directors may be nominated from the following states: Iowa,Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, North Dakota, Nebraska, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Texas, and Wisconsin. One Board seat up for election.
- Region 4 (West): Directors may be nominated from the following states: Alaska, American Samoa, Arizona, California, Colorado, Guam, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, New Mexico, Nevada, Oregon, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming. One Board seat up for election.
- Region 5 (Puerto Rico and the Caribbean): Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. One Board seat up for election.
- At-Large (National): Directors may be nominated from any region. One Board seat up for election.
Qualifications for the Board
Inclusiv serves and represents diverse credit unions and communities across the country. Inclusiv strives for ethnic, demographic, institutional, and skill set diversity on its board of directors.
Ideal board candidates include individuals who:
- Have a demonstrated commitment to Inclusiv's mission and values of diversity, equity and inclusion
- Are actively engaged in the CDCU, credit union, and/or community development movements
- Serve as an official of a well-performing credit union
- Are familiar with the operation of a charitable 501(c)(3) organization and/or trade association
- Have the capacity to attend meetings and participate in board activities
Responsibilities of Board Members
Board members' primary duties are to provide leadership and governance for Inclusiv; contribute expertise and resources; actively participate in at least one committee; promote the organization within and beyond the credit union field; and represent and support member CDCUs.
Board positions are voluntary, and members serve three year terms. Directors are expected to attend three board meetings annually, as well as Inclusiv Conference and the Member Business Meeting. Board members actively participate in committees and represent Inclusiv in their regions throughout the year.
Please send nominations to Pamela Owens, SVP of Organizational Development and Capacity Building, by fax to 212-809-3274 or by snail mail to...
Inclusiv, 39 Broadway, Suite 2140, New York, NY 10006